- Full time staff members receive 10 days of vacation per year.
- Employees who serve on-staff for a partial year receive pro-rated vacation days, based on percentage of the year worked.
- Vacation days do not roll over from year to year.
- Vacation days must be requested at least 45 days in advance and approved by your team's Lead Team member.
- Days missed Sunday-Thursday count as vacation days.
- Cannot miss 2 Sundays in a row.
- You can miss up to 4 Sundays in a year, and you can have 2 additional Sundays for ministry outdates.
- No more than 2 team leads out at a time.
- Only one full-time staff member from each team out at a time.
- Blackout dates: Certain times of the year are categorized as especially important weekdays or Sundays for staff to be in the office. Please check the Grace City Calendar for the latest black out dates before you make a time off request.
- Ministry out dates: Ministry outdates are tracked and subject to approval. Ministry outdates include preaching, leading worship, performing weddings, or other ministry-related activities at a church or other organization.
MATERNITY/PATERNITY LEAVE POLICY
- Employees who become pregnant are eligible for up to 4 weeks (20 days) of paid leave. They also receive an additional 2 weeks (8 days) of paid leave wherein they are required to be at church on Sundays as well as respond to phone calls and emails.
- Employees who become pregnant are also eligible for an additional 6 weeks of unpaid leave.
- Employees whose spouses become pregnant receive 2 weeks (8 days) of paid leave wherein they are required to be at church on Sundays as well as respond to phone calls and emails.
In the case of both maternity and paternity leave, employees cannot request vacation days for 3 weeks following leave.